Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What The Heck Is This Place?

Okay, so hey, how're ya doin', nice to see ya, etc.

I think it's probably a good idea for me to introduce myself before this little party gets started. The name's Brian+, and I go by the name "Adonis" online. I have gone by this name for the past decade, on and off (mostly ; it's a holdover from an old Sailor Moon radio play that never got produced wherein I was to play a character named, oddly enough, Adonis. Funny how that works, huh? *

You might wonder what the deal with me is. This is it:

Years ago, I was a Sailor Moon fan. Which begat a fascination with anime, which begat a love for fandubs/subs/radio plays/doujinshi, etc. Then I got burned out on the whole thing, and stepped back into the real world. I graduated from college, got a job, a career, a girlfriend, and so on. In other words, I grew up. However, as of late, I've gotten back into the whole scene - particularly the Sailor Moon and fandub/radio play thing - thanks to my goddaughter, who I quite accidentally got into watching and loving Sailor Moon. So now I'm somewhat fixated on the show once again, hence the blog.

So here's the deal with this place: I'm going to post whatever I can about the series on a semi-regular basis. My objective is to maintain another place for Sailor Moon news and discussion online, on the theory that more discussion will help develop and grow the SM fan community. Which used to be quite large, obviously, back in the day. I also want this place to be a place to gather a solid set of links to SM discussion forums, information sites, and fan projects. Mostly, this is out of selfish laziness - I have multiple computers and can't bookmark every SM site I visit in one links file, sooo...voila, blog. Bam! But it's also in the hope that this will help others visit and patronize some quality sites and further discussion within the Sailor Moon online fan community.

Okay, good. We have a purpose. Sound good? Good. Great, let's get started. ^^

--

+ Real names may vary.

* (Editor's Note: In 1997, when this thing was being produced, I was not aware that there was a Codename wa Sailor V character with that name. Sorry, I'm not that clever)

No comments: